Buyers on DHgate can choose from a wide range of payment methods. One of the accepted payment methods is credit card. However, it’s not the only method you can use.
In fact, for many buyers, they don’t prefer to use their credit cards when purchasing goods online.
Thankfully, there are many alternative ways to buy from DHgate without a credit card.
In this article, we’re going to cover several of them to help you securely purchase goods on DHgate.
Let’s get started.
PayPal is one of the payment methods accepted on most popular e-commerce marketplaces all around the world.
DHgate also allows users to purchase items using PayPal. In this case, when you click the PayPal payment option on your
DHgate order page, you will be redirected to the PayPal website where you will need to transfer the funds directly to your
DHgate account. From there, you can easily pay for your goods.
Advantages of Using PayPal
- PayPal funds are traceable.
- Your bank account/credit card information is encrypted.
- PayPal offers Buyer Protection for funds up to $1,000.
- PayPal is easy to set up and use.
- PayPal uses rigid anti-fraud security guidelines.
Disadvantages of Using PayPal on DHgate
- Steep PayPal transaction fees can eat up your profits.
- PayPal is known to be aggressive with account freezes.
- PayPal takes longer to resolve disputes.
- PayPal users with free accounts get limited customer support.
2. Online Bank Transfer
DHgate also enables bank transfers through their Hong Kong bank. Here, you’ll need to write down bank account details in the Hong Kong bank.
Once you have transferred the payment through the bank, DHgate will take approximately one day to process the payment to your account.
Advantages of Using Bank Transfer on DHgate
- Bank transfers enable safe payment transactions.
- Stringent payment security guidelines are followed.
- Payments are fully electronic.
Disadvantages of Using Bank Transfers on DHgate
- A simple error in the bank details can slow down the payment process.
- Payment transactions aren’t completed as fast as with PayPal.
3. Western Union
Western Union is another alternative payment method that allows users to make purchases on DHgate without the need for a credit card. With Western Union, you can conveniently transfer funds to pay for your goods on DHgate.
Advantages of using Western Union
- You can track your transactions in real time.
- Get simple and easy operations.
- Western Union is a universally accepted payment option.
- There are no hidden fees.
Disadvantages of paying with Western Union on DHgate
- It can be costly if you transact huge amounts of money.
DHgate buyers can also pay for goods with Payoneer. This applies to users who have an active Payoneer account with funds in it. If not, you can create a Payoneer account here and add it as your payment method on the DHgate website.
Advantages of paying with Payoneer on DHgate
- Payoneer has more affordable transaction fees than all the other payment methods mentioned in this article.
- You can transact in a wide range of currency options.
- Payoneer has a fast dispute resolution system.
- It’s easy to set up and use Payoneer account.
- Secure payment method.
Disadvantages of paying on DHgate using Payoneer
- Payoneer tends to charge some fee for dormant accounts.
- Payment transactions are prone to delays.
Other Payment Methods Other Than Credit Cards
If you don’t prefer to use the above mentioned payment methods or they aren’t available in your country, fret not. Here are other payment methods to use on DHgate:
You can also pay for goods on DHgate using Webmoney, a universally accepted e-wallet that works pretty similar to the way you pay with your credit card.
6. Telegraphic Transfer
Telegraphic Transfer is also another payment method considered safe for paying on DHgate, especially for buyers from Asian countries.
This method involves bank-to-bank fund transfer although it’s available for use when paying for orders above $1500.
According to numerous feedback from customers who have used this method, it’s quite slow and costly due to the varying operation fees by banks involved.
Follow these steps to pay using Telegraphic Transfer:
- Register your company details with DHgate. Currently, DHgate doesn’t provide this payment method to new customers so you need to register your company details on the website to become a certified buyer.
- Choose T/T as your payment method during checkout.
- You will be provided with an application form to fill out the details of the seller including their name, bank name, account number, and address.
- Payment will be done on DHgate.
Alternatively, you can pay on DHgate using Moneybookers.
Follow the steps below to purchase goods on Skrill using Moneybookers:
- Open a free Skrill account here and verify it by clicking the link sent to your email. Make sure you choose your preferred currency.
- Link your Skrill account to your bank or debit card to load money.
- During the checkout process, Choose Skrill as your payment method.
- You will then be redirected to the Skrill platform to sign in and complete the payment.
Another way to buy goods on DHgate is to use Masterpass, an e-wallet from Mastercard. Masterpass is also one of the safest and easiest payment methods that is also compatible with most credit and debit cards.
Here is how to pay on DHgate with Masterpass.
- Sign up for a Masterpass account here and follow the account setup process to the end.
- When on the checkout page on DHgate, choose Masterpass as your payment method.
- You will be prompted to enter the email address and password you used when creating your Masterpass account.
- Complete the purchase and wait for confirmation from DHgate.
Whether you don’t want to use credit card to pay for goods on DHgate or it’s not your preferred method in your country, you can always get a payment method to buy goods easily on the platform.
In summary, these are the accepted payment methods on DHgate other than credit card:
- Online Bank Transfer
- Western Union
- Telegraphic Transfer